What is the health risk of hydrogen sulfide?
What are the side effects of hydrogen sulfide?
- Hydrogen sulfide does not accumulate in the body. Nevertheless, repeated or prolonged exposure has been reported to cause low blood pressure, headache, nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss, ataxia, eye-membrane inflammation, and chronic cough. Neurologic symptoms, including psychological disorders, have been associated with chronic exposure.
What are the symptoms of hydrogen sulfide poisoning?
- If inhaled,salivation,runny nose,itchy nose.
- Especially dangerous is getting into the eyes of the poison. ...
- If the product gets on the skin,depending on the concentration of the substance,redness or burns of 2-3 degrees appear. ...
What is the exposure limit for hydrogen sulfide?
- In the past, the most widely recognized occupational exposure limits for hydrogen sulfide (H2S) have referenced an 8-hour TWA of 10 ppm, and a 15-minute STEL of 15 ppm.
Share this Post: